Next Tuesday, I’m organising a WWII Western Desert game in 1:300th scale, and in what is becoming somewhat of a tradition lately, I’ve just completed some extra things for this game. I find that putting on a game now and then using some of my older collections inspires me to paint up some more bits and pieces for said collections. In the case of this collection (WWII Western Desert, possibly my first ever big army in this here hobby) and this game, I found some houses, palm trees and stuff by Irregular Miniatures laying about that I had bought years ago but had not painted yet.
I changed that over the past few days:
Please excuse the bad Photoshop job (well, Pixelmator actually) :). The individual buildings were glued to 60x60mm bases (two in the case of the oasis) which were then covered with shell sand:
After that had dried, the bases were spray painted dark brown. A few drybrush layers of various earthy tones later and the job was done. More pictures, including individual bases and the source for the picture above to prove I’m not cheating :), in its Flickr photoset.
Ah yes, the picture of the desert above is a pic of an actual bit of Libyan desert, found here.