And the boys in blue with the red facings and stockings (hi, Koen :) ) are done. They’re currently recovering from their layer of gloss varnish (read, the varnish is drying). That finishes four of the five battalions with Roos, the final one being the second battalion of the Dal regiment.
Pictures to follow as and when the basing is finished (more on that anon).
That puts this month’s painting total at 19 points (the 19 figures of this battalion), trumping last month’s abysmal 12 points in the first week of the month. That said, while I did not paint much last month (essentially just the Celtic cavalry of which you can expect photos tomorrow), I did work through a huge backlog of basing figures. I based three battalions of Swedes, one of Bavarians, some Celts and Romans, and a whole bunch of modern microarmour. Giving points for that would be cheating though, as I already ‘scored’ those figures after finishing their paint jobs. So I am now left with the moral question of when to score the figures: after the paint job or when they are fully based. I suspect the latter will result in a more accurate reflection of what I can finish in a certain period of time (the entire idea behind the painting point thing), so maybe I’ll have to switch. We’ll see.
Next up (having just been basecoated) is the second battalion of Bavarians. I’m going to paint this in two lots of twelve as opposed to one of 24. I did the first as one lot of 24 and I suspect that is partly responsible for my drop in painting output afterwards. So let’s see what happens with this lot.