Well, a new month has started so it’s time to check on last month’s painting total: a meager 15 points. I finished fifteen Warlord Games Roman auxilia (that I had started the month before) and started on 6 Celtic cavalry, which are currently still on the painting table. A long way from my intended 70 points per month.
I’ve long given up trying to analyse why my painting output drops occasionally, it’s one of those things that seem to go in cycles. I’m sure that with Crisis coming up next weekend, painting will pick up again.
One thing I will say, is that I find the Celts harder to paint than the more uniformed types I’ve been painting lately. There’s a distinctive reluctance on having to go back to an area you ‘have already painted’ to fill in stripes and checkers and stuff. At least with uniformed troops, you need to touch a brush only twice on each region (base colour and highlight). And that is as it should be :)